The first dance as a newly married couple is a beautiful moment many couples experience and picking just the right song can be a difficult task. Here are my top 20 absolutely romantic first dance songs to consider for your special day.
- Can’t help falling in love with you – Kina Grannis‘ beautiful rendition of this classic in Crazy Rich Asians will have you all over each other.
2. Hold you in my arms – Ray Lamontagne mixes softness and sweet in this tearjerker.
3. Like a Star – Corinne Bailey Rae’s sweet and simple voice is just the right touch to set the mood for the evening.
4. Can i have this dance? – HSM’s song performed by actors Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron brings all the innocence and love of entering into a new chapter. It’s a beautiful choice often overlooked by the High School context of the movie.
5. No one’s gonna love you – Jenn Grant‘s gentle sweet nature follows into this delicate song. It’s slow enough for couples that want an easy breezy song to dance to.
6. I will spend my whole life loving you – Imaginary Future & kina Grannis create a beautiful combo of whimsical love. Its simply breathtakingly beautiful to dance.
7. Like I’m gonna lose you – Meghan Trainor ft John Legend‘ song is perfect for a passionate slow dance to start the wedding party.
8. Rest of my life – Bruno Mars‘ song is another tear-jerker that will make couples cry. I saw this at a friend’s wedding and it was such an emotional song to watch them dance to.
9. Thinking out loud – Ed Sheeran made this song absolutely perfect for all first dances and its sure to fall into the classic first dance song list.
10. No other way – Paolo Nutini makes this song melt into your soul. It’s such an unexpected romantic song that will surprise your guests as you and yours forever dance.
11. All of me – John Legend gives you all the feels of what romance and marriage is in this song he dedicated to his wife Chrissy.
12. You and me – Lifehouse‘s song is a gentle starter or last dance song and will leave you wanting more.
13. At last – Etta James‘s is a clear classic and is sweet for waltzing. You can never and I mean never ever go wrong with this song.
14. Make you feel my love – Adele‘s powerful and passionate voice has the right amount of softness for any flavourful wedding dances.
15. Marry me – Train‘s sweet song gives all the thrills of witnessing the union of two souls. Like the name, it will put all the guests into a happy mood.
16. Every kind of way – H.E.R.‘s super sultry song adds sexiness to the dance floor.
17. Chasing cars – Snow Patrol made this song another tear-jerker for all the right reasons.
18. Georgia – Vance Joy is a brilliant singer-songwriter and he makes this another unexpected first wedding dance you may want to consider adding to your list.
19. Love me like you do – Justin Bieber made this song a perfect combo between upbeat and romantic. It’s another unexpected first dance song that will surprise your guests.
20. Can’t take my eyes off of you – Frankie Valli and The Four Season’s classic upbeat song has to be on this list. Its sweet, charming, and absolutely going to get you and yours off your feet.
Hope this lists help you narrow down the perfect song for your special day!
Please follow my pinterest to find more wedding boards to help you plan your special day.